Sunday, September 19, 2004

Welcome to my Phoenix Knitting Blog

Last night we had some friends for dinner and one of them was very interested in learning to knit. I realized how much information is available for new knitters and I wanted a place to direct people who are just starting out. So here it is, the brand new Phoenix Knitting Blog. I will create links for the local yarn stores (and some not-so-local ones that I just love), as well as tips for new knitters, and anything else I might find interesting.

My knitting group, Stitch-n-Bitch AZ, has just formed a committee and I'm in charge of education. So I will also be posting information about our meetings and workshops. We meet often as there is a lot of knitting to be done. We range from brand spanking new knitters to one official master knitter and everywhere in between. Our members are as young as 8 and as old as....well, we won't divulge ages here, but lets say there is a lot of experience in the group.

Right now I'm working on too many projects at the same time, and some I can't post in case curious eyes stray to the site to see what they are getting for Christmas. I've got a poncho for my sister-in-law made out of alpaca boucle that is fabulous to knit, some socks for my mother, hats and mittens for the nieces and nephews.....the list goes on. My brother is getting this great twisted rib watch cap with a skull on the front. I'll post a picture of that in a bit, as I'm sure he won't be cruising around reading knitting sites any time soon. The cap pattern came from this site: www.royea.net/twistedrib.html and the skull pattern I modified from here: glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id42.html. I may try and illusion scarf with skulls based on the Alien scarf in the Stitch and Bitch book, but we'll see if I have time before the baby arrives in November.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home