Monday, September 20, 2004

I love cables!

I wish I lived somewhere that required heavy cabled fishermans sweaters all year long, but alas I am stuck in the desert where such a garment would sit and collect dust most of the year. So I have to settle for the cabled blanket I'm making. Of course it's progress is on hold right now until I get the Christmas stuff done, but I love it just the same. The pattern is from the Rowan Winter Magazine and I'm making it out of Rowan Cork.

This is my first cabled project and I have to say I love doing cables. They keep the knitting interesting but they are not difficult at all. And the result is beautiful. For this pattern I think the cabling repeats every 14th row and there is a lot of fabric in between cables so you're not constantly switching needles.

Someday I'll brave a cabled sweater, but the tension and the patterns are more difficult to measure than on a blanket.

A Note on the Links

I've added some links to the side here and will keep adding more as well. I wish every yarn store would have a website. It just doesn't make sense to me how you can operate a business in 2004 without a significant web presence. How do you expect people to find you?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home