Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I love big needles. Anne's poncho is on size 15s and it's moving along quick as a snake. I should be done before the end of the week. Then I just have Vincent and Mary and my brother's family will be done. I can just barely see the light at the end of the tunnel for my Christmas projects. I would love to have time to knit us all stockings, but I can't get ahead of myself. I have to remember I still have my dad's vest and stuff for my mom (shhhhh, she's listening.)

Now I have to decide what to do with all that Alpaca Boucle I bought originally for Anne. It is beautiful yarn and I can't return it because I've already knit up 5 balls of it. If anyone has suggestions please let me know – I'm not good at creating projects for yarn. Especially when the yarn so closely resembles a gorilla.

Stitch-n-Bitch was fun last night even though I wasn't feeling great. We had 4 new knitters to teach, 2 of which had been crocheting and 2 had never picked up needles before. It's such a tough environment to learn – it's really loud and there are people moving all around and checking out what everyone is making. But our new knitters seemed to do fine with a lot of help from Becky, Jen, and Corene. I'm wondering if we should have a separate workshop just for new people – they could learn to cast on, knit, purl and bind off all in one sitting without the distractions of the entire group. Hmmm.

I ran into Roger Wood last night at the bookstore. He is a very old friend of mine, we were part of the Sister City program in Tempe and traveled to Yugoslavia together the summer before our senior year of high school. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago. (Can I really be 32? I don't feel 32.) If you know any high school students in the Tempe school district I highly recommend you check out this program.

Good luck to Becky today – she has an interview at a fancy Aveda Salon in Scottsdale. Hopefully she will get the job but she will still have time to knit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home