Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Pixies Concert

Joe and I went to the Pixies concert at Mesa Amphitheater last night. I don't know a ton about the Pixies, but they did break up a while ago - via fax no less - and this is their reunion tour. Apparently it has been very successful because they are coming back to the Dodge Theater the end of October. We sat up on the grass out of the fray - I didn't feel braving a mosh pit at 7 months pregnant was such a good idea.

What does this have to do with knitting? Well, it cooled off in Phoenix for once and as I was sitting there I realized how nice it would be to have a lightweight poncho to wear. Alas I am not knitting for myself these days, so the poncho will have to wait (probably until they are out of style.)

Julie and I set out for Fiber Factory this afternoon to buy our yarn for the sock workshop this weekend. The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and size 6 needles. Hmmm. The only socks I've made are on size 2s and using sock yarn. I can't wait to find out what is in store for us at the workshop. Of course we found some fabulous (ok, expensive) yarn made of 70% New Zealand Merino and 30% silk. $9 a ball and we need three balls! Yikes. I just gave in and bought it though, because if you're going to spend that much time on a project, why knit with bad yarn?

If you go to Fiber Factory I highly recommend the Picnic Company next door for lunch. Great sandwiches and soup, just the right thing to get your strength up for yarn shopping.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home