Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I hate swatching!

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for swatching, I really do. I just feel like it's such a waste of time and good yarn. So this time, instead of cutting the tail I'm just going to tear the whole thing out and wind it back into my ball. I measured my stitches (for once, I had the guage correct, thank goodness) and now I'm going to reuse the yarn. I don't know if that's bad or wrong, but I just can't see that lovely, soft, $9 a ball yarn going to waste.

I'm in trouble with Joe for buying the sock yarn. I tried to explain that I needed it for the workshop, and that I just can't knit on icky yarn. He's not convinced. I've been placed on yarn-buying probation until I finish everything I'm working on. He does have a point. Here is my full project list as of today:

Very old sweater from the first issue of knitty.com
Cabled blanket for couch in front room
Jack's baby blanket with a J
Socks for mom
2 ponchos
Vest for dad
Hat for baby Vincent (I know he's 5, but he's still baby Vincent to me)
Felted hat for Madeline
Mittens for Mary
Cardigan sweater for Julie's new baby Mac
and now, sock workshop socks.
And, if I have time, illusion scarves for Greg and Baby Vincent to match their hats.

Almost everything on this list needs to be completed before Jack gets here. My due date is 8 weeks away. Maybe he'll be late and I can get everything done. Luckily I have Knit - Out day on October 1st - 12 solid hours of knitting. Boy are my hands going to hurt after that!

Tonight is my Stitch-n-Bitch group gathering at Mama Javas. I love meeting there - it's so much closer to my house. Plus they have good iced tea. ( I know, caffeine is bad for the baby. blah blah blah). I'll take some pictures tonight so everyone can see what a fun group we have.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home