Monday, October 11, 2004

Dumb Mittens

So Mary's 2nd mitten was almost complete – I just had to stitch up the thumb – when I realized a huge mistake. I made 2 right mittens. They were identical. 2 perfect mittens for someone with 2 right hands.

Maybe someday I will learn my lesson. Don't try complicated knitting during a knitting committee meeting. Don't talk when you are reading a pattern that requires ANY amount of thinking. Knit something easy, something that only requires back and forth knitting. Why can't I learn this lesson?

So I ripped out the mitten to just below the thumb. Joe was sitting next to me on the couch and said "Did something bad just happen?" Yes, your wife is an idiot. She forgot that the thumb has to go the other way on the second mitten.

I stayed up and finished it though – I just couldn't bear to not get it done.

4 Comments:

Blogger Letoya said...

I am sorry. Here's a "hug."

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Gosh that sounds like something I would do! Maybe make two lefts and give the extra pair as a gift?

Heidi
http://absintheknits.typepad.com/

7:15 PM  
Blogger Creative Genius? said...

You goober - I am so happy to know that I am not the only one who does things like that! I knew I liked you! :-) They look great btw!

1:05 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

Those mittens came out so COOL! I did the EXACT same thing when I made the cashmere mittens for my mom.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home