Sunday, October 10, 2004

Wearable Art?

I'm still trying to figure out blogger and how to get things where I want them to be. I'm thinking I have to make several posts on the same day in order to get the pictures interspersed with the text, so that's what I'm trying now.

What a day we had yesterday. Baptism class (a complete waste of a good Saturday morning if you ask me), a trip to the fair, and the Wearable Art Auction. I did have time for a nap fortunately; otherwise I don't think I would have made it.

I'll start with the Art Auction. Kim and I wanted to check it out and see just what they meant by wearable art, and I still don't have a clear definition. The items that went for the most money were dresses and clothes that had been painted or made with interesting items. One was a velvet painting of a matador cut up and sewn into the bodice of the dress. There was also a ceramic necklace that slightly resembled something from the King Tut exhibit – I don't know what the people bidding on it were planning to do, but it certainly didn't look wearable to me.

We're going to talk about it more in our committee meeting today, because the people who put it on wanted us to donate items. I'm not sure what we would donate, but I guess we could come up with something. Here we are at the auction with Kim's husband Jonny. We found a couch and planted ourselves there for the night. (Jonny is a Rugby player and the social chairman for the Camelback Rugby Club. Apparently it's very big here, I had no idea. So if any of you are interested in Rugby you should check it out.)

1 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

Hi Brooke!

First off, your pictures are very nice and you are very photogenic!

There is a website you can go to (www.photobucket.com) so that you can get your pictures in there as part of the text. You go to the website, make an account, and submit your pictures. Then, under each picture that you submitted there is an html code. If you go to your posting page on blogger, you will see that at the top right of the typing area there is a tab called html. If you enter the html code in there you can go back to typing in the other tab and resize the picture if you want, and type some words around it.

I hope that makes sense. Again, I love your pictures.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home