Sunday, July 10, 2005

One Day, One Sock

A 24 hour sock is really something, especially for me. I spent yesterday sleeping in (yay!), going out for breakfast, picking up the baby from his Grandma Gloria's house, and then monitoring that baby all day while he tried his darndest to get into every possible thing in the house that was either unsafe of off limits.

But still, here is the sock:

24 hour sock

Now, I used yarn I had that I don't particularly love – my mom picked it out last year. Of course as soon as I stitched the last part of the toe I realized I should have just made it in her size. Oh well, live and learn. I think I'm going to crochet an edge with some Microspun I have lying around that will match perfectly.

Let me tell you how much I love this pattern. I have never done short row heels and toes and they are far superior to any other sock I have knit in the past. There is no picking up of stitches along the heel flap, and the toe is round like a normal sock instead of all squared and weird. A big thank you to Alison of the Blue Blog for sharing her pattern so generously.

I answered my own question yesterday, but if any of you happen to make this sock and wonder what I did, you knit to the stitch right before the yarn over and then turn your work.

I went to Michael's today and got some thread for my beads. I've decided to stitch them on after the purse is finished – I think trying to strand them and knit them in will be too complicated for me right now. Plus I want to get that purse done and write up the patterns.

As many of you may have read, Kim is moving to China and I will be taking over the scheduling of our Stitch and Bitch group. One of my biggest challenges with this is that I will need to get to a good portion of the meetings, and my little tax deduction goes to bed at 6:30. If anyone knows a trustworthy babysitter who can sit in my house and make sure it doesn't burn down before Joe gets home I would probably hire them on the spot. It's not the fun kind of babysitting that the grandparents enjoy – you know, where they actually interact with the child. And it doesn't make sense for them to drive all the way over here for one hour of sitting anyway. I really just need someone to watch over him like a lion and call me if he starts bleeding or vomiting or something.

I am going to miss Kim. She was one of my first new friends when I moved back to Phoenix and we got pregnant at the same time last year, which is almost like going into the army with someone. It is such a great opportunity for her and her family and I know they will have a wonderful trip. I'm just getting tired of people leaving.

I haven't had any sleep. Last night about 1 a.m. a drunk driver was pulled over directly in front of my house. The nice police office decided it was necessary to keep his lights flashing for the entire hour it took to perform the field sobriety tests. In the end the young gentleman was not arrested, but it looked like he was asked to go sit in his car for a while. He pulled over on the curb and sat there while the nice policeman left. Of course I was wide awake through it all and peering at them through the curtains. I wanted to go yell at the officer for disturbing my sleep, but my pjs didn't match.

5 Comments:

Blogger JanetsJourney.com said...

Matching PJs are a must when complaining to the police - LOL.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts said...

May I have that sock pattern? I am going to miss you too! I loved being pregnant with you and I love hanging out with you and your family! I hope our little boys can group up together when we return from our adventure!

7:06 PM  
Blogger potusol said...

Ok first of all I wasn't drunk. I was swerving to avoid those damn speed bumps. And the cop was totally cool, turns out he bowls too.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Korin said...

Sweet sock! What pattern is that?
Bummer about the po-lice. Bastards. ;)

1:03 AM  
Blogger PJS said...

Was "One Sock" in the title of this post a coded message to me?

How nice of that policeman to let the fellow go.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home