Thursday, July 14, 2005

Yarn Day!

I was emailing with Jeff last night and asked if he wanted to come hang out with us today. To my great surprise he agreed. On the agenda? Nursing home, yarn shop, and lunch with Julie and Mac. Hardly the type of day I would expect him to enjoy – but we all had a great time.

Fiber Factory is empty this time of year – it was wonderful. The staff was not nearly as harassed as they are during the winter. It was quiet and enjoyable. And I bought some yarn. I am obsessed with these footie socks. I had to make myself a pair. As you can see, I’ve already started them:

sock

Yes, that is Baby Cashmerino. I am hoping that by bringing it in the house it will release the curse on the Cashmerino Chunky that just can’t seem to make itself into a sweater. Since my house is now 75 degrees thanks to the kind men at Chas Roberts Air Conditioning, I thought I might need a pair of cashmere socks to keep my tootsies warm. This yarn is so soft it will make you cry. I will update my progress so you can all drool.

Never fear, my sweet mother. I finished your socks this afternoon:

clown socks done

Super cute. Perfect. I couldn’t be happier. I will never get enough of this pattern.

I can now see why people get stuck on only making socks. Especially these socks. So quick. So refreshing. So Summery. I am one happy knitter. I hope everyone wants footie socks for Christmas this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger PJS said...

I want a Christmas stocking to hang by the chimney with care.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home