Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Just FYI – blocking and fringing do not count as knitting

I did not knit one single stitch yesterday. I blocked Anne's poncho, wove in the ends and added the fringe. The weirdest thing happened to the poncho – a huge hole appeared on one edge, as if I had dropped 4 stitches. The worst part was trying to pick them back up because the yarn is black. I figured it out the best I could and I have these stitches on a holder. I can't imagine what happened, but I'm glad I found it, otherwise the whole thing may have unraveled on her.

Taking the day off from knitting was harder than I thought it would be. I had to escape the house full of projects so I wouldn't be tempted. I tried to go to Arizona Knitting and Needlepoint and see if they will exchange the rest of the Alpaca Boucle I have for something in a more pleasing color, but they were closed! Now, I understand why Jessica Knits is closed, since it's only her right now, but these people have employees! And lots of customers! Why on earth are they closed on a Monday? I was annoyed.

Speaking of Jessica, she posted a message on our Stitch-n-Bitch board looking for instructors. I felt like jumping up and down yelling "pick me! pick me!" I would love to teach knitting, especially at her store. I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with myself once this baby is born. I don't want a full time job, but having no job and no money of my own has been very hard for me. I think this is a perfect solution. I told Joe and he commented that it might actually be more expensive for me to work there, surrounded by yarn, especially since I've been trying not to buy it for so long. He thinks the dam will break and I'll just go crazy or something. No, not me. I'm too sane and controlled for that. Ha!

My hands still hurt today, even though I didn't knit yesterday. I can do one of two things. 1. Rest for another day, hoping they get better. 2. Decide the pain is some weird pregnancy-induced problem, take a Tylenol and work on my dad's vest. Hmmm. Tough decision, but I think I'll go with the latter.

And in keeping up with the RAOK ring, here are ten more things about me. (Some people did all 100 at the same time. That's too hard):


31. I am a Republican (gasp! choke! cough!) and refuse to discuss politics while knitting, or blogging about knitting.
32. Someday I want to own an Alpaca and spin my own yarn from his fur (hair?)
33. I am addicted to reality tv. Especially the Bachelor.
34. I love to read.
35. My favorite author is Ernest Hemingway. I don't care that he depicted women in a bad light, that boy can write.
36. I turned 13 here:


after hiking 20 miles down the Grand Canyon.
37. I am not nearly as adventurous as my family.
38. I turned 30 here:


with room service and housekeepers galore
39. I watched all of Princess Diana's funeral, in the middle of the night, sitting on my couch by myself.
40. I also watched her entire wedding, also in the middle of the night, with all my friends from grade school.



2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

My sister own's to Alpaca's. She got them when a friend got relocated to Hawaii. We sheared them once but their wool wasn't long enough. So, in 2005 when we do the shearing, I will definitely pass some along the way. There will be no way that I can use up 2 full fleeces within a years time! You just have to learn to spin!

10:23 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

Brooke that WOULD be tempting to work at Jessica Knits. However, I can't imagine just CONSTANTLY buying yarn. I think once you get the yarn for the project you need, you would work on the project and then get more yarn when you need it. At least that's what I would do. I hope you end up working there!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home