Friday, October 22, 2004

And the winner is.....

Jessica of the now famous Jessica Knits called me yesterday. We didn't get a chance to talk, but she left a message that she wants to schedule me to teach a class. Yay! I can't wait to talk to her and see what she has in mind. I'm only qualified to do beginning type classes or project-specific workshops, but I'm just so excited to jump in and start teaching. Having the baby soon puts a slight dent in my availability. But at least I can get started on samples and materials. I may head up there this afternoon to chat with her.

Yesterday we finally got some rain; I guess it came over from the big storms in Southern California. It made for some great napping. I got in bed to relax for the sole purpose of talking to Jack and convincing him it would be fun to come out on Halloween, because then his birthday would always be a costume party. Apparently I fell asleep for almost two hours. I love napping, especially when it's cold and rainy outside.

I did go to the doctor yesterday as well, for a full report you can visit Jack's blog (Yes, my unborn son has a blog. Yes, it's a bit much. Deal with it.) Nothing is happening though, no dilation, no effacement. Granted I'm only 36 weeks, but I'm ready to bring this little guy home!

Not a lot of knitting happened yesterday. I did about ten more rows on the illusion scarf and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'll probably take it to SnB and see if anyone has good ideas. I also did a few more rows on the vest and another cable twist. I showed it to my mom the other night and she thinks my dad will like it. I'll take another picture in a bit, although it's not looking any different. I have to decide what to do with the cable once I reach the collar – it's a v-neck. I could continue the cable around both sides, maybe switch to a 2x2 twist instead of a 3x3?

Thanks Illanna for the comment yesterday. I'm glad someone is reading my blog everyday, I encourage you all to do so, lest you miss something important. And no, the vitamins are not shaped like Fred Flinstone. They are shaped like a heart. I was very relieved to find them actually – have you ever seen a pre-natal vitamin? They are about the size of a lime, and you're supposed to take them with food because they upset your stomach. Exactly what you need when you're first pregnant and sick.

I'm off in a bit to teach the 5th graders. Joe compares me to a televangelist, trying to convert people to knitting. Now I'm going after them while they are young….. he he he. Apparently some of them already knit, which is really cool.

To mix it up a bit, Julie, my friend for 27 years, is a guest speaker on the blog today. She offers 10 things about me to add to my list of 100. My comments are in italics after:

61. Brooke does not throw up. Brooke cannot be around someone else who is throwing up. Things should get really interesting once Jack is born. This is entirely true. I have no idea how I am going to handle a puking child. I personally have only thrown up once since I was eight, and no, it was not alcohol related.

62. Brooke is slow to anger and quick to forgive (unless you really piss her off...then it could take up to a year). A year is the maximum I will be mad at someone. Unless you date my ex-husband and end up having his baby a month before the divorce is final. Then I don't think I can be friends with you anymore. Sorry.

63. Brooke's parents are two of the coolest you people you will ever meet. Very true. I still think they can do anything, including magic.

64. Brooke canoed the Panama Canal in sixth grade. It was eighth grade, actually. Further proof that my family is more adventurous than I am.

65. We had a clique in fourth grade called the Oxford Club and all of our energies were devoted to harrassing Becky Butler. We were successful and wound up in the Principal's office. Didn't we tell her that to be in the club she had to jump off the roof at Jenny Jansen's house?

66. Brooke once dated a guy whose job was to cut off lizards' heads in the name of research. They were salamanders, not lizards. Or maybe it was newts.

67. Not too long ago, Brooke tied a stuffed Grinch to the grill of my Blazer and I drove around for a week before I realized it was there. I plead the 5th.

68. Brooke should have been a teacher. Except for the fact that I don't really like kids. Another interesting point since I'm having one.

69. At the end of a Peacemakers concert, the drummer walked up to Brooke, picked her up, and kissed her. It was the bass guitarist. There was no warning, he just walked out and picked me up. Not surprisingly, he is no longer with the band.

70. In high school we got caught after having a party at Brooke's parents' house even though the place was spotless. We foolishly left a receipt for a case of Keystone in her Mom's car. My poor parents. Sorry mom, but you did leave town the weekend of my seventeenth birthday. What did you expect?



2 Comments:

Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Ok - I am just having a heck of a day and REALLY needed a reason to smile....

Your blog post today was just too funny! I love the list becuase I could totally see/hear you and Julie doing it!

Thanks for the good laugh! I needed it!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even though you'll never read this comment (since i'm posting it 2 months on), i feel obligated to reply to thing 65:

We had a clique in fourth grade called the Oxford Club and all of our energies were devoted to harrassing Becky Butler. We were successful and wound up in the Principal's office.

i'm shocked, *shocked*, to find that you and miss h. were torturing that poor becky butler. even more surprising to me is the fact that i thought you all were such tight friends. at least, i think that's wot i thought...

i.v.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home