Wednesday, October 27, 2004

New Blog Name

Joe thinks the name of my blog is boring. He's probably right, I didn't put much thought into it. If you have any suggestions for other names let me know. I don't really have any nicknames for myself, other than Princess Apricot, which was my Match.com screen name when I met Joe. (Yes, we met online. Five years ago even, back before it was considered a normal way to meet people.)

We had our Stitch-n-Bitch committee meeting last night at Rula Bula in Tempe. There are a total of eight committee members, only six were there (The two missing members had work conflicts. Work? Instead of knitting committee? Priorities, ladies, priorities.) Look for our e-newsletter coming out in the next few weeks, and get ready for our exciting Winter Anniversary Party at the beginning of December. That's right! We're one year old this December. Hard to believe – thanks to Kim for all her hard work getting this great group of women together.



From left to right: Michelle, Pam, Alison, Jen, and Kim. (Happy Birthday Pam!)

I got email from Parley yesterday. All it said was "There's no such thing as ghosts." I wrote back. "Prove it." He had no response to that, because there isn't one. He can't prove there aren't ghosts. Period.

There is a rain storm due tonight and a full moon. Two alleged instigators of labor. Of course I'm still 3 weeks from my due date, but who cares? A girl can hope, can't she? I'm going to ask my doctor today if he thinks I'll have this baby on Sunday or not. He already thinks I'm crazy so what's the harm?

You'll all be happy to know that Wendy Knits is back on-line. She was apparently inundated with email and comments and buckled under the pressure. Now Jayne can breathe a sigh of relief and go back to her daily routine of reading too many blogs.

I finished the first pattern on the illusion scarf, and I hate to say I'm probably going to rip it out and start over. It's really long – I should have shortened the pattern a great deal. I'm going to take a picture and save it before I tear the entire thing up, but I can't post it until after the holidays. I also don't love the yarn – it's just not soft enough for a scarf. Luckily Julie and I are heading over to Fiber Factory tomorrow, so maybe I'll find something softer that will work better.

The vest is progressing well – I got another 6 rows done at the meeting last night. I switched cable needles and I think that really helped my twists. I was using a wooden needle that was fatter on the ends and it was stretching my stitches too much. I borrowed a metal needle from my mom, the kind that makes a U in the center, and it's making prettier cables. I still have to work out the neckline – I don't really know how to make a sloping cable to match the v-neck, but hopefully I'll figure it out before I get there!


Just about halfway done with the body.

Today my knitting goal is to finish Vincent's hat and work on my secret project. I can't wait to get all this Christmas stuff done! I'm still ruminating about the Kidsilk Haze. I'm going to have to come up with a pattern for it at some point – I just want a simple lacy scarf, but I can't find anything I like so far. Hmmm.

My 100 things about me is now a link on the sidebar. I kind of miss writing 10 new things each day, so here is a list of 10 reasons to believe in ghosts:

1. My Aunt Pat used to live with a ghost named the Blue Lady at the Moss Beach Distillery in Half Moon Bay, California.
2. My friend Stacey has been to the Myrtles Plantation Bed and Breakfast in Louisiana where the ghosts tuck you in while you're sleeping.
3. Lincoln's ghost was spotted by Maureen Regan when her father was president.
4. My PACE teacher in grade school taught an entire section of class on the Lincoln Ghost train.
5. President Lincoln himself held séances to contact his dead son.
6. Have you seen the movie The Others?
7. How about Sixth Sense?
8. Christina Crawford heard ghosts in her house as a child, and since Joan died, unexplained fires have started behind her bed.
9. When I worked at the Stanford Park hotel, Albert the Bellman told me about the 4th floor being haunted. He had seen a ghost there and other employees had verified his claim.
10. At the Molly Brown House in Denver, a Victorian ghost has been photographed at the dining room table.

So there you have it. I think I've proven my point now Parley.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooke,
I just want to say thanks for the great picture of me. Why didn't you show me that before I ordered the fish and chips? Just kidding. I'm excited I made a post in your blog. Thanks for the doula info. Have a great day.

Michelle

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending labor vibes your way! I remember that feeling oh to well... :)

If ghosts & spirits are one in the same (and that always seems to be debated by people I know!), then I believe there are such things!

Maybe you'll keep doing your 10 things lists?!!? I've rather enjoyed them!

Take Care!
Denise
http://craftymomma/blogdrive.com

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home