Saturday, December 18, 2004

End of Yarn Suspension

It was such a lovely day at Jessica's yesterday! Unfortunately she is sick and couldn't hold Jack, but she did touch his feet to see how soft he is. Of course he was very popular and everyone commented on how cute and alert he is. He was very well behaved in the yarn store, although who wouldn't be if they got to be carried around by their grandmother most of the day?

So the yarn suspension was lifted and here is what I bought:



a closeup of the yarn, just so you can imagine it's softness and beauty:



I am in love with this purchase but I am forcing myself to leave it alone until the vest is finished. I have to get some knitting in this weekend or it will never get done.

We had a SnB meeting Thursday night at Changing Hands. Kim showed up with Angus, only 5 days old! Here they are admiring the baby:



Doesn't she look fabulous?

And here's a picture with Pam still smiling, even though she's very sick. Illanna didn't want to be in the picture but I made her, and Alison was most cooperative:



I never got to figure out what this thing was across the room. Of course I ended up having to feed Jack which cut into my time to look at people's stuff



Parley emailed me yesterday and warned me that Richard the drag queen may read my blog. First of all, I seriously doubt he's reading and trying to keep up with the knitting community (if you are though, Hi Richard!) And secondly, I think he can fend for himself. Considering the last time I saw him he called me a thieving f---ing whore and threw a fake nail at me, now maybe we're even. My only point was that I expected his blog to be more about his job and the interesting things he does, not "Parley came over and we decorated the tree." Yawn.

OHHHHHH, I want to knit that Debbie Bliss yarn. It's calling to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger PJS said...

But that's not what Richard's blog is. It's just about his everyday life. He has a separate site about his drag exploits, www.barbraseville.com.

1:01 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

Hi Brooke!

It was so nice to see you and jack at changing hands the other night! I think that thing that the woman is working on is a way to knit in the round without knitting. It's kind of like a loom, and she weaves the stitches in and out of the pegs and then pulls the bottom stitch over the top stitch. I think I saw that thing in Michaels or Mary Maxim magazine- cant remember which.
Also, the picture of me didnt come out as hideous as i thought, so thanks :)

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parley, if Richard's blog isn't about his drag exploits, then why is it called "Sevillomatic?" Admittedly, "Richardomatic" is a less compelling name.

Yours, Guido

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home