Sunday, December 12, 2004

Kim had a baby boy!

Angus William Dallas was born yesterday afternoon at 2:52 p.m. He was 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches long. I spoke with Kim last night and she sounded really tired, but very happy to have the baby here finally! Here he is:



I'm so excited she had a boy too – now we have three boy knitters to hang out with our SnB friends.

In other news, I ripped back the sweater vest to the armholes and adjusted them so the cable is now centered. I am back to knitting up the back – 11 inches of it, and then on to the front. I think I will be able to get it done in time for Christmas, especially because I finally figured out how to nurse the baby and knit at the same time. It only works with this pillow or a sling.

And one more news item. My yarn suspension has been temporarily lifted! I am going to Jessica's this week to find a new project and make myself something wonderful. I'm thinking I want to knit with Lorna's Laces of some type – her superwash wool is so soft and beautiful I can't get over it. Or maybe Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky. Or maybe something for the baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YaHoo! CONGRATULATIONS on your healthy baby! SO glad he's here!

~Julia~ =)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Tell Kim congratulations and he is beautiful with all that hair. I hope family and baby are doing well! Oh and your shawl is beautiful---not your best work, hmph, I think it looks fabulous and your mom looks great in it. Prince Jack is definitely going to learn how to knit vicariously through you now that your feeding and knitting at the same time. That's what I call TALENT.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home