Monday, November 22, 2004

Update on the fifth graders

I spoke with Gloria (my mother-in-law) last night about her class. She said they are all knitting like crazy and some of them have finished five squares! One boy's mother made me a blanket to thank me for teaching him to knit. Apparently he was having a little trouble in school so she was reading to him every night, but of course he was fidgety and couldn't focus. Now he knits while she reads to him and he sits still! She was so grateful. And even Gloria says the kids are calmer in between activities because they have something to do with their hands. I'm so glad the project went well. We'll be sewing up the squares into a blanket after the baby gets here.


I have not had the courage to look at the sweater vest with the horrible mistake, but maybe today. We'll see how I feel.

It's still raining today and pretty cold out. Cold for us anyway – it's 52 degrees right now. Allegedly it's only going to get up to 55, but I'll believe that when I see it. More likely it will be close to 70, just like yesterday.

I'll probably finish a secret project today if I don't get involved with the vest. And I want to buy some material to wrap the gifts for my brother's family – I'm just going to make small bags to put them in with the washing instructions. They get here today and will leave by the end of the week so I want to make sure I send their stuff home with them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so fantastic Brooke. I wish I could say that my club was doing as well, but we have to have some money first! Anyway, I hope you are doing well, and I'd like to place my bet on Wed as the day. Hope you are doing well.

Michelle

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home