Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Joys of Motherhood

Jack and I were going to meet Pam, Melanie, and Michelle at Lux today at 2. Jack went down for a nap at 1 and got up a little late – around 2:10 – but we still would have made it. Except for the fact that Jack decided he was NOT going knitting today, and on top of that, he was going to scream and scream and scream for the next hour. He cried so much that he got those crying hiccups. It was really awful. I guess he tired himself out, because at the end of it all, around 4 p.m. or so, he looked like this:

aftermath

I'm sorry for ditching you guys. Believe me, I would have rather been knitting.

So this evening I picked up the red baby sweater for my cousin. Sometimes boring knitting is good in times like these. I'm going to watch St. Elmo's Fire and wait for Joe to get home. If I sit here quietly and behave myself, I will finish the back tonight. (I love this movie. I forgot how much. It's back when Demi Moore was Aston Kutcher's age I think.)

Tomorrow people are meeting at Jessica's at 3. I don't think I will make it, judging from the way things went today. I am going to try and make Changing Hands this week though. I know it's a pain and I know it's crowded, but it is where it all began and I want to support that. (Plus I love the potato soup at Wildflower, so if anyone wants to meet for dinner let me know.)

It seems the controversy has all passed on the blog these days. Whew. So much stomach acid over something so silly. I had a dream last night that Jen and I were caught in a Tsunami in Boston. She was getting married there and we were on a beach when the wave started coming in. It looked EXACTLY like the wave in those new pictures released by the Canadian couple who died. Jen was buried in the sand and I saved her. I'm not sure if this is related to the whole thing, but it made me realize we are all making hay out of sunshine.

Parley and I have a question. Apparently someone in Denver is reading his blog, and then hopping over and reading my blog. I know it isn't my brother, and I don't know another single soul in Denver and neither does Parley. Reveal yourself, oh internet reader. We are both quite curious as to who you might be.

4 Comments:

Blogger potusol said...

"Someone's been sitting in my chair," growled the Parley bear.

"Someone's been sitting in my chair," said the Brooke bear.

"Someone's been sitting in my chair and they've broken it all to pieces," cried the Potusol bear.

Ok, it's not broken but someone also from Denver has been looking at my stuff too.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh what a cutie! Sorry you had to miss your knit night, though.

6:19 AM  
Blogger PJS said...

FYI, I can feel St. Elmo's fire burning in me.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you still planning dinner at Wildflower tomorrow? I was thinking of doing that myself (either before or after the obligatory bookstore browse through CHanging Hands) and would appreciate the company.

Paula
dichroic@riseagain.net

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home