Friday, February 18, 2005

The Truth About Love Songs

I am sitting here in my office listening to my Rhapsody play list while the house cleaners work their magic, and I realized something. I love all these sappy songs, like "Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer and "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS and "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down. But if a guy ever said these things to me I would think he was icky. This is probably the reason I never dated poets or musicians – I just found it un-masculine to talk about your feelings all the time.

I wonder what that says about me? I wonder how that will affect Jack?

I'm furiously knitting this crazy hood so I can get it done – it's quick, I just haven't had the time to sit still and work on it. But the babe is quietly sleeping, the laundry is almost done, and I have no plans other than to pick up the dry cleaning after 5. (I found a new dry cleaner where I can just drive up and they bring me the clothes. This is very important when there is a baby involved.)

So the plan is to finish the hood today and sew it on. I will take it back to Jonelle on Monday. Over the weekend I will work on the sweater for my cousin, once I decide what to do about the gauge problem. And I also need to pick up Clapotis and fix it – somehow the needle slipped out, dropping about 3 stitch markers. I should be able to figure out where they go, it's just a pain.

I don't have any pictures to share today as I haven't made a bit of progress on anything. Once the hood is done, however, there will be plenty of the finished sweater.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's supposed to be rainy and cold here which makes me very happy. This is the wettest winter I ever remember in Arizona and I love it. I think the out-of-town visitors would disagree, I'm sure they came here hoping for sunshine and 70 degrees. Too bad for you, we like the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home