Thursday, February 24, 2005

Let Them Eat Yams


Jumbo yams, originally uploaded by tienmao.

I did not cast on for flower basket - I read the pattern and it's so complicated my poor addled brain started to wobble. Maybe I will have to find a different lacy pattern for my yarn after all. Any suggestions would be welcome. And Michelle, I'll give you back your Interweave Knits next time I see you. I'm just not up for the challenge I suppose.

It may seem I'm obsessing about the fall-out in our knitting group. And I suppose I am. Of course, as a good American woman, my first reaction was to crave brownies, cookies, ice cream, anything bad and sweet. (And my mother will tell you, I don't really like sweets so much. So I know this is psychological.) But I started a diet last week and have been pretty good about eating well and staying on the plan. (Well, except for the fact that I didn't realize DRIED fruit was different than REGULAR fruit. I was putting dried cherries in my oatmeal - something happens when you dry a cherry to make it bad for you. Who knew?)

So to feed my craving yesterday evening, I pulled out a bag of cut-up yams I bought at Trader Joe's. I baked them with some olive oil. Now I know they are not remotely like a brownie, but they did the trick and I stopped feeling so awful, at least temporarily. And I didn't have to take any points. So the pounds will just be dropping off any minute now.

We'll see what the scale has to say tomorrow. I'm skeptical.

I'm not sure how I feel today about what has erupted in the comments of my blog. On one hand, this is a public forum, and if you decide to go on the attack you'd better be ready for the fall out. On the other, I think Illanna is a great girl and this whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Without a doubt, this further proves my theory that women's organizations cannot go too long without some type of scandal. What is wrong with us, as women, that makes this so? If this were a group of guys, the whole thing would be over by now, no one would be threatening to leave the group, there would be decidedly less drama.

I'm way too old for this, either way. So pick up your yarn and needles, and let's all knit our way to happiness once again. And in the future, if anyone thinks I'm trying to offend them, please just email me privately and question my intentions that way. Then we can avoid drawing lines in the sand and making everyone crazy.

(And no Parley, I am not removing her comments. I don't censor my blog like SOME people I know.)

(And everyone else, the SOME people in the above sentence is Parley. I'm not trying to make inferences that other people are not allowed to censor their blogs. Just Parley, who removed a comment I made on his blog yesterday because I inferred he was not popular.)

5 Comments:

Blogger PJS said...

my blog is not a democracy! I am in charge! Me me me me me!

9:52 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 AM  
Blogger potusol said...

I'm beginning to think that you just can't win.....

1:49 PM  
Blogger potusol said...

unless of course the post gets removed by the author...

1:50 PM  
Blogger PJS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home