Sunday, February 13, 2005

Yarn coming out of my ears...

Perhaps my post the other day was not so smart after all. Joe came home and said “What are you doing with all that yarn? I had no idea you had that much.” I had to tell him in all honesty that I didn’t photograph all of it. There is more. (He is threatening yarn suspension again. Instead of that I have agreed to finish some of my projects before I consider more yarn or even set foot in another yarn store. I have no will power, so I can't even look at yarn online right now.)

stash 1

These bags have sock yarn and poncho yarn that I am not currently working on.

stash 2

This drawer has yarn for a hat my niece decided she didn’t want, a cabled blanket I love out of Rowan Cork that I have to finish, and some white Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere.

stash 3

Last but not least, a stocking I started when I was pregnant (it was allegedly going to be a gift for the knitting Christmas party, but I never got it done) and some Debbie Bliss Denim Cotton Aran that will be a hat for Jack.

That’s all of it. I know it’s a lot and it’s very unorganized. One day I'll get around to organizing it all, but even I'm alarmed at how much there is.

On another note, I put Jack's hat on – the one he wore in the hospital and it fit him perfectly back then. Now it looks like he's trying to be jaunty.

red hat

It's hard to believe how much he's grown.

I got a haircut from my knitting friend Becky yesterday. It had been growing like a week since June and needed the ends cleaned up in the worst way. I was very pleased – her new salon is just lovely and she did a great job. My hair is not hard, but most stylists see it and want to hack it all off and do something crazy. I like long hair. I don't care if I'm fashionable or hip – I've never really been either one. I just want my long hair and I want to be left alone about it. So thank you Becky for doing such a great job. (You should go over to her blog and ask her what she is planning on naming her second daughter. And then you should try and talk her out of it. I usually stay out of people's business when they are naming kids, but in this case I think intervention is necessary.)

We're meeting at La Madeline's at 3 today I think – I haven't heard back yet as to whether anyone will be there. Let me know if you're interested in going!

Update: Susan emailed me that they will be there at 3. As long as Jack cooperates I will be too!

3 Comments:

Blogger JanetsJourney.com said...

Brooke - advice from an "old married lady" - never lie to your husband but there is no need to volunteer information - LOL! We all have our guilty little secrets that hurt no one.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Mac and Caden said...

What do you mean you have never been fashionable? What about when we lived in the apartment in Scottsdale and I worked at Charlotte Russe? You were hip then!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real question is, if he's so busy he has to work until 9, how come he has time to read your blog? That could be time spent at home :-)

Paula

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home