Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Knitting on Mill

Last night Jen and Michelle and I met at Coffee Plantation on Mill for a little bit of knitting. I did end up taking Jack – the beagle wasn't up for babysitting – and he was a perfect angel through the entire thing. Jen even got to hold him. Of course I forgot my camera so there is no proof, but you can go over to her blog and ask her. She'll tell you. I do let people hold my baby. (You can ask Pam too. She held him at Lux.)

We forgot it was Mardi Gras (or Marti Gras if you're Channel 12 News) and Coffee Plantation is right next door to Fat Tuesday. As I was walking by with my stroller and knitting bag I realized how different my life has become. We left at 8 after about 2 hours of knitting and the bar was just getting started – I remember the days where we wouldn't go out until after 9. Those days are long behind me.

I made a lot of progress on the baby jacket yesterday. The sleeves are seemed (and match perfectly I might add) and now I just have about 30 more rows to complete the front. Then I have to construct a hood. I'm not sure about the instructions, but we'll see how it works out. Here is how it looks as of this morning:

baby sweater 2

I really had fun last night – I love smaller knitting groups. It's funny how talking to people makes you realize things about yourself. I realized I am deathly afraid of getting pregnant again. Deathly. If it happened I think I would lose my mind. I was never really sure about the whole thing in the first place, but now that I know what it entails and I've already got one of these little creatures I am horrified at the thought of getting a second one. What people must do if they have twins!

Our Stitch-n-Bitch group seems to have exploded. The message board is teeming with new meetings all over the place. I think it's great, but I'm wondering if people are still able to get to know one another very well. The meetings are so large I imagine a new person feels very out of place. (I would anyway, but I'm always like that in large groups.) I don't think there is anything to be done about it, it's just an observation.

I have some work to do today so I may not get much knitting done. I have to finish this baby jacket so I can get back to Clapotis. And my pink sweater is just sitting on needles. Of course I can't quite locate the pattern right now so it's just as well I have other things to keep me busy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home