Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Knitting News....

So much to talk about today. Yesterday was knitting at Kim's, where I taught Sara how to use double pointed needles and I worked on my SWTC baby jacket a little. I actually got more knitting done when I got home, but it was really fun to hang out with a bunch of other moms and knit. Here is the progress on the jacket so far (Pam asked Jonelle about posting pictures and she's fine with it)

baby sweater

I was almost through with the first sleeve before I figured out I was knitting this sweater from the top down. I kept looking at it and thinking "Why all these increases? No baby is shaped that way." Of course now it makes sense, but I was confused for quite some time.

I got home yesterday and guess what was waiting for me? You got it, my Knit Picks yarn:

knit picks

$32 total – you get free shipping for orders over $30. Does that look like $30 worth of yarn to you? I was amazed. The blue is called Shimmer I think, and it's an alpaca/silk blend lace weight yarn. The yellow is the worsted weight Alpaca/Silk/Wook and it's really soft. The red is the plain wool, worsted weight, and it reminds me a lot of Brown Sheep. I think it would felt really well too. I am using it to make a sweater for my cousin's baby though, so I'll save the felting for later.

Also in the mail I got this cool newsletter from Elann:

elann

I guess if you register on their website you get this in the mail. They send samples of the yarn that will soon go on sale, as well as the sale date. Brilliant. There is a great cotton inside that I may order for a sweater for Jack.

Tonight I'm meeting Jen at Coffee Plantation on Mill– I don't know if anyone else is coming, but it should be a good time. I used to go there in High School when it first opened and eat cheesecake brownies and drink iced tea. It was good clean fun. See mom, we weren't always getting into trouble.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to try to come, but I have a meeting after school and it might go on for a while.

Michelle

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my Knit Pix yarn yesterday too. I am so happy with my Siberian Elf Lion Yarn and the Red Shearling #7. Isn't it luscious!!!!

Proof positive that have no clue.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home