Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lace Question

Ok, normally in a pattern when you increase by using a "Make One" (you know, where you pick up the little bar in between the stitches and knit it?) you have to knit into the back of the stitch so it doesn't leave a little hole. But when you're making lace do you want the little hole? I am on the Pebble stitch part of the Mariposa shawl and after an entire row of knit two togethers, there is a row of Make One, Knit One. I am leaving the little holes because they are cute, but I'm wondering if that is correct.

Here is a picture so it makes more sense what I'm talking about:

holes

See those little holes in the top two rows? I think they are supposed to be there, but who knows? I could be wrong.

Thanks for all your comments about pregnant and smoking girl. As Kim mentioned, it's her sister Jenny. When she read my blog she said "I don't care what other people think of me." I suppose there is no way to get through to people who are harming their babies. Kim is at her wits end by now. Of course she won't let Jenny smoke in her house or near her kids, but beyond that there isn't much she can do. It's sad really and I hope she quits before the little babe arrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home