Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Mariposa Back Finished!

I know everyone is wondering what I bought at Jeff’s garage sale. Rather than keep you in suspense, here is a picture:

dishes

Those dishes are enamel, and will be used on my new patio if it ever gets completed. and the table will go by my bed along with another exactly like it.

And Richard is not lying, he is a big softy for babies. Don’t be fooled ladies and gentlemen. Any man who loves babies that much has to be a nice person.

In knitting news I have finished the back of Mariposa. All this napping for Jack is giving me tons more knitting time. Here it is:

finished back

and a shot of the ribbing at the top, because I did a new fancy cast off that is supposed to match the ribbing. With this yarn I don’t think it mattered so much but it was interesting. It reminded me of the kitchner stitch used for sock toes.

ribbing

Now I just have to figure out the front and I will finally be done. I would have done this last night, but the first episode of the final season of Six Feet Under was on. I was riveted. I could knit, not even on my seed stitch swatch. I just stared at the screen with my mouth slightly open and did not knit a stitch.

Luckily, I will be going to knitting tonight! Joe is coming home a bit early so I can head over to Changing Hands and visit with all my knitterly friends. AND I don’t have to bring the baby. It will be like a vacation. Hope to see you all there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Mariposa is lovely!!! Thank you for the encouraging comments. Thanks to you I may just have to give it a shot! =)

Can't wait to see the next few steps come together for the front!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Mariposa is looking great. I watched Six Feet Under last night too and -- same thing. It didn't even enter my mind to pick up the needles. Good stuff!

11:24 PM  
Blogger PJS said...

I know this comment isn't about knitting, so I'll slip it in quickly, but I have never seen a single episode of Six Feet Under. Isn't it about a family of undertakers who leave the business and take off to Carlsbad to run the La Costa Resort and Spa?

Let's all go to La Costa... Let's all go to La Costa...

6:41 AM  
Blogger Jack and Nicholas said...

Comments about knitting are always welcome, Mr. P.

Six Feet Under is quite possibly the best television show ever made. It's dark and funny and interesting and smart. I am addicted. And this season looks to be great. Alas, it is the final season.

I suggest you rent season 1 on DVD immediately

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jack and Nicholas said...

I meant comments about non-knitting, of course

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home