Thursday, June 02, 2005

Template finished

Ok, I think I'm done monkeying around with the template for the time being. Paula and Heather, I added you. If there is anyone else I forgot please let me know. I fixed the comments so they don't automatically show up, and I've adjusted the overall look a bit.

I finally got a pedicure yesterday. For those of you who live elsewhere this may seem like a strange indulgence, but trust me it is necessary in the dry desert. My feet looked awful. The girl who painted them suggested a French manicure – I've never had one so I thought I'd give it a try. Here they are:

toes

Fun huh?

On Monday I met some great knitters at Duck and Decanter. I brought along Mariposa because I hit a big road block and I find it's easier to tackle knitting crises with friends and wine around. Luckily it was not as bad as I'd imagined and Jen happily set me straight. We had a new knitter Diane (I don’t think she has a blog). I was going all prepared to teach her to knit and she was way ahead of me – probably 30 rows into her first garter stitch scarf. And she was using Manos which is even better.

So the Mariposa is growing – I'm almost done with the shawl part. Here is a shot of the entire thing:

last repeat

(and please notice that the coffee table is STILL clean)

A close-up of the lace pattern:

lace

Tomorrow I start teaching my new class of knitters! Gloria is taking Jack for the entire day so I'm going to be like a regular girl for a few hours. Wish me luck.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke, Your blog looks great!! Love the color of your Mariposa as well, it is beautiful! :) Meghan

12:33 PM  
Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Maripisa is beautiful!!! I've been seriously considering tackling it, but I don't think I'm that talented. I'll have to live vicariously through yours, can't wait to see more pics! =)

12:49 PM  
Blogger potusol said...

Just when I was all happy about the new template I noticed I was bumped down to THIRD place. That's like second place behind the first loser. I guess I should just be happy to be included (sigh).

I just noticed you're like 8th on my list so I should probably just shut up.

: )

1:10 PM  
Blogger PJS said...

Mon dieu! Your feet... they look so, so... FRENCH!

I like the new revised template. It's sort of calming, and makes me think it would smell like vanilla if this were a scratch-and-sniff blog. Vanilla and maybe strawberries. Oh, and nutella.

Wait, maybe I'm just hungry...

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jack and Nicholas said...

The template actually reminds me of a Kate Spade design that came out in 2001. I didn't buy it and have regreted it ever since because she stops making her designs periodically. So no fun vanilla-y, Baskin Robins-y purse for me.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

The toes are adorable! I'm with PJS, the new blog is very vanilla-y. Love it!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Mac and Caden said...

I love the new template too, but why did you get rid of the sub-title?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jack and Nicholas said...

OOPS! My subtitle somehow disappeared, but it is now back where it belongs. Thanks for pointing that out.

What's the fun of knitting if you can't stir it up a bit, right?

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO need a pedicure...

9:31 PM  
Blogger JanetsJourney.com said...

Wow the BLOG, the TOES and the SHAW are wonderful!

And of course I noticed the coffee table was still clean! LOL

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home