Sunday, May 29, 2005

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye......

So PJS has flown the coop once again. As I was singing Jack to sleep tonight I cried at the part of Puff the Magic Dragon where Puff sadly slips into his cave. I am gloomy and cheerless on this hot summer day.

Tomorrow I will meet some knitters at the Duck and Decanter at 11 a.m. – you are all welcome to join us for wine and sandwiches. Oh yeah, and some knitting and crocheting as well. I will be teaching a new knitter who found me by Googling Phoenix Knitting and sent me an email. Her name is Diane and I'm quite looking forward to initiating her into the Cult of the Bamboo Needle.

Last week Joe caught an early flight home from his trip to Chicago, and wonder of all wonders I cooked him dinner. I stopped by AJs and picked up these enormous prawns. Here is what they look like before I hacked them up:

prawn 1

I marinated them in a paste of garlic, cayenne, chili powder, olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and then grilled them. I bought a spicy slaw to serve alongside and made wonderful caprese salads with some heirloom tomatoes I found. Just lovely. And to top it off we drank my mother's day wine – it's a red blend called Rubiyat done by the fabulous people at Cakebread. (Thanks Mom!)

prawn 2

This weekend has been busy. Jack's baptism yesterday as well as Joe's cousin's graduation from Notre Dame – he had a big fancy party down in Gilbert. It's tough to take the little guy out in the evening, he's really more of a daytime baby.

The baptism was wonderful – I invited a large group because I feel like these events are really important to share with friends and family. I know many of my friends are not religious so it means a lot to me that they show up. PJS and Potusol were the hit of the day in matching getups – it appears there is a uniform for happy Republican boys in Arizona. I was in the back talking to Kim and she whispered "Hey, is that Potusol?" Of course he turned around and of course it was a little weird. Then the godfather who lives in Ohio came up to me and said "I feel like I'm at some celebrity event, I know all these people from the blog." Julie, Dave and Mac were there, Pam and Melanie were dressed to the nines, and Kirsten brought her lovely husband Ned and of course wonderful little Jake. It was quite a day.

Perhaps it is time for a new template, and perhaps a new name. Perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home