Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Baby Hats Anyone?

Last night I started feeling weird. Not bad weird, just a little weird. My back was hurting but in a different way than before, the fake contractions were coming more often. I just felt weird. Then I realized I hadn't packed for the hospital. It's only 2 weeks away, I should have been packed by now, blah blah blah. So I did a load of laundry and started gathering stuff together when I realized something horrible. The baby does not have a hat to wear home from the hospital.

Gasp.

How is it possible that my child doesn't have anything to cover his bare little head? What kind of knitter am I? Fortunately the kind with bunch of yarn sitting around, so I quickly cast on a little hat for the babe. I know we don't live in Antarctica or anything, but it does get chilly. The boy needs to cover up. Here it is so far.



And I had been so good all day, working on baby Vincent's hat. I had only just set it down to try and figure out when to start the decreases when I realized my dilemma. Hopefully both hats will be completed today.

I am bleary eyed and fuzzy this morning from trying to stay up until someone called the stupid election. I want to fly to Ohio and poke out the eyes of that stupid secretary of state. Who has a law that says you can't START counting ballots until 11 days after the election is over? And the Iowa people quit counting because of fatigue? Give me a break.

On another sad note, no more caffeine for me. I know, I know, I was supposed to give it up when I got pregnant. But it was too hard, so I cut back to one (ish) caffeinated beverage a day. Now I was reading about breastfeeding and I learned that caffeine stays in an infant's bloodstream for 96 hours! Last thing I need is another reason for the kid to not sleep. I'm going to ask my doctor about this fact today and make sure, but I'm guessing I'm going to have to cut it out. Damn. I love caffeine.

No list today, I'm too dang tired. I'm going to watch CNN and wait for something to happen.

(And Alison, I don't think you're heartless! I know most people get sick of hearing the same things from women over and over again. It sounds like a good thing that you got rid of your roommate.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home