Monday, December 20, 2004

On the Home Stretch

I'm back to where I ripped out the sweater vest. Now I just have to finish the front and sew up the shoulder seams by Thursday night. I think I can do it. Here is what it looks like so far:



After the holidays I will only be making things for me for a while. I took a look at the Clapotis scarf on Knitty. Of course I have to come up with a yarn substitute because as it was made it would cost about $75. That's just a ridiculous amount of money for a scarf. I tried to explain to Joe why that was a lot but $170 wasn't a lot for a sweater. He didn't seem convinced. If anyone has made this scarf from some other yarn let me know – I'm curious to see how it came out.

I also think I want to make those washcloths from Weekend Knitting. And something with that green Kidsilk Haze I bought a while back. And maybe I'll make myself a pair of mittens.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas. Time flies when you're busy having a baby. We don’t even have a tree yet, I'm still pushing hard for the fake tree with lights already attached. Joe isn't a fan, but it would be so much easier that way. No needles, no lights to put up and down, and next year we would just have to pull the tree out and put it up. Plus I really want pictures of Jack and his first Christmas!

I'm off to do some Christmas shopping – we haven't bought a single gift yet. I also have to mail the stuff to my brother's family. Oh, and I have to bake some cookies for the cookie exchange on Thursday. I can't remember how many dozen I need – I'll have to ask my mom today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home