Thursday, January 13, 2005

Hey Jen, my mom finished her bag!

Apparently there was a SnB meeting last night and I wasn’t invited. I wonder if everyone was afraid I would try and bully them into walking with me? I have heard from Alison’s blog it was a fun group and they knit until 11! I never would have made it that late….

My mom finally finished her felted bag:



The soy silk/wool mixture felted in an interesting way – there are ridges up the side of the bag. I think it looks fabulous. Proving yet again my mom has a great eye for color. She is concerned that one handle is shorter than the other – I had this same problem with my Grover Bag until I started carrying it around and the other handle stretched out.

I have to knit the rest of the day today – my deadline for the double secret project draws near. Not likely I’ll make it, but who knows?

So far we have a good group for the 3 day walk in October. If anyone else wants to join us for the orientation meeting next Wednesday let me know – I think it starts at 5:30.

4 Comments:

Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Nahhh - it was nothing that formal... just a few of us decided to get together... sorry though - next time we'll be better about posting it on our blogs or something....

Will I see you Monday?

5:26 PM  
Blogger PJS said...

You didn't get your invitation? I got mine. Hmmm...

P.S.- do you have to be a woman to do this walk?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

It was very impromptu and didn't start until later then the usual SnB. Al's right, we should have posted something sooner. And maybe we are all a little scared of you :-0

Your mom's bag looks great. She definitly has an eye for color.

Maybe we can get together this weekend or next week, except for Friday night I think I'm free.

8:40 PM  
Blogger illanna said...

Hi Brooke!
I think I might want to do the walk with you. Do you think I would have to train for it??? The bag looks great! My felted bags always have ridges. I always just thought it was because I was twisting my stitches. You should check and see if your mom is twisting hers. I'll make sure to let you know about the group next time. By the way, thanks for the info about HSA. I contacted them already about internship opportunities.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home