Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hot hot hot

It was 80 degrees in Phoenix yesterday. For those of you in the Midwest or back East reading this, I am very sorry to have to complain about our weather consider you have all frozen to death by now. But 80 degrees? For crying out loud it's January. This is ridiculous.

I did not make knitting last night. I went to the orientation for the 3 day walk where Jack promptly began to scream and fuss at me. I tried feeding him, but to no avail. We ended up leaving. So now we know, he hates church and breast cancer walk orientations. He was still crying in the car, so I took him home.

So here's the deal with the walk. We need to come up with a group name, and then as everyone signs up you can designate that group name. There is no additional fee to walk as a group. Everyone will still be responsible for raising $2100 in funds before the walk begins. We can have group fundraising events as well, so if anyone has ideas for that let me know.

Has anyone already signed up? I am going to do so today but I'd like to have a name first. I don't have any good ideas right now, but I'll keep thinking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Yeah - I know - it's 80 degrees here and I am ordering wool to make a wool sweater... HELLO.... anywhere else I'd have plenty of time to make it and wear it - here I feel as if I should have ordered it several months ago...

As for the three day walk... some team fundraising ideas:

-Car Wash (tell all your friends so they can come)
-Bake Sale (get requests so you can bake for friends)
-Partner with a Bar or Resturant for a "happy hour" and a portion of the sales will go towards your group
-Sweet Tomatoes has something like that
-Offer Cleaning/Cooking for friends for a standard donation (clean house $100, cook three dinners $200, etc)
-Have a large dinner with friend and family and charge per plate
-Offer a night of Baby Sitting for friends and the proceeds go towards the walk

Hope that helps - if I think of others I'll pass it on!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that might be you last night, Brooke. Sorry I couldn't get out from my entrapment on the other side of the room to say hi.

I like the name suggested previously: "Knit One, Walk 3", so that's my vote for a team name.

Eva
www.trueepicure.com/blog

10:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

80 degrees??? Are you kidding? That was just cruel to post that! I think it's warmed up to 2 degrees here...;)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home