Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Sock Needles are sharp!

Although Clapotis beckons me like a Siren, I opened my knitting bag and returned to a pair of socks I started for my mother before the baby was born. The reason these socks had been abandoned is due to the inherent slipperiness of the needles. All three needles fell out of the sock, and I had to rework them into the stitches. Not an easy feat. Plus I kept poking myself with the needles and they hurt.

But it’s done, the sock is on it’s way to completion. I am horribly afraid I will run out of yarn on the second sock. The evil people at Arizona Knitting told me how much to buy, and I don’t trust them any more than I trust my dog.

Here are the socks, from Fiber Trends Walking Away Socks pattern:

mom socks

I did not go to Changing Hands last night, although I really wanted to I thought it was best for the little man and me to stay in. I did some knitting, we had some pasta and watched American Idol.

This weekend Joe and I lucked into a house in Flagstaff so we’ll be leaving Friday afternoon to head up to the snow! I’m excited to get away – I think it will be good for all of us – and I will have plenty of knitting time. This may be the last time I see Joe until Memorial Day, so I’d better make the best of it. He has a case that may go to trial, which makes his schedule a little wacky.

Hope you all had fun last night – it sounds like it was pretty crowded. I know over 50 people RSVP’d, so I’m sure it was a good group!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

DOG BUTT

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home