Monday, January 31, 2005

Zipper Madness

And here you see the zipper, finally installed in the sweater:

zipper

And here is the sweater blocking:

blocking

Now I just need to sew it up and I’m done! Yay. Although sewing up is my least favorite part, I must say. And I'm afraid I may run out of yarn. Turns out I didn't do the math right when I was buying the yarn in the first place (I know this is a shock to all of you because I usually have such fine-tuned math skills).

I dropped another stitch on Clapotis last night. It’s addictive, I feel like every time I sit down I have to do 12 rows so I can get to the next dropped stitch. I can’t wait to see how it looks when it’s done – I’m guessing it will take a fair amount of blocking to keep the edges from curling.

I talked to KnitPicks again. They had my credit card number wrong, even though I had called and verified it already. Ugh. Now I won’t have my yarn until the end of this week, giving me two weeks to finish the sweater. Luckily I think we’re going to Flagstaff for the weekend to relax, so I’ll have some drive time to work on it.

Some people are wondering why I was so interested in the frogs yesterday. Doesn't it seem strange to sell frogs for people to cook? I mean, exactly how are you supposed to kill and clean the frogs? Do you only eat the legs? It's just such a bizarre thing to see in a grocery store, in my opinion.

Tomorrow is a mini-SnB at Lux. So far people have confirmed for noon - if anyone wants to go earlier let me know. I am right down the street so I can be there in a jiffy. I love that place - for some reason it puts Jack into a weird baby trance and I can knit all I want.

So far we have 2 walkers signed up – me and Nancy. I think Jen was talking about it, and I know Shannon will be signing up in the future. Who else is in? I’m setting up a blog for the group so if people want to walk together or share stories they can. I’ll put the site up as soon as it’s ready.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog - it makes good reading. Thought you might be interested in our great gift website. With Christmas not far away you cwill be able to find a range of superb unique and novelty gift ideas for everyone. Take a look at The Cosmic Superstore or Christmas gift ideas UK

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home