Thursday, March 10, 2005

Knitting to the Rescue

I just got a bad phone call – my friend Donna’s daughter is in the hospital and probably will be for some time. She went with a headache and it turned out she broke a blood vessel in her head. What can I do? Teach her to knit, of course. I am going to pick her up a project tonight at Jessica’s and teach her tomorrow, because sitting in a hospital room is just no fun and knitting will at least take her mind off things for a while.

I am also going to Jessica’s because I ran out of Clapotis yarn. I am ALMOST done, seriously, here is a picture to prove it:

clapotis and dog

(My dog cannot stay away from my knitting as you can see.)

It makes me crazy that I came up short. Hopefully Jessica still has that yarn and I can finish it tonight.

Last night Michelle and I met at Mama Java’s for a little knitting. Jack behaved for the most part, so I was able to chat and knit to the end of my yarn. She lost her Clapotis yarn when we were at Changing Hands last week, so if anyone picked up a bag of Cotton Twist (I think it was brown and black and white), please post something on the yahoo group or email me. It’s awful to lose that much yarn!

Tonight I think there is a knit-in at Jessica’s. Joe will be working late again so I think I’ll head up there with the baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Alison, Melanie and I were at Changing Hands 'til the bitter end and I didn't notice any extra bags around, but it probably still wouldn't hurt to call them.

Your Clap is lovely.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home