Friday, March 04, 2005

The Verdict is in

Joe finished his first trial yesterday and he won! The case had something to do with mules living in the town of Cave Creek (serious mules, not just stubborn people), and Joe's client gets to keep his mules and their houses (the mule's houses, not the people). I am very proud of him ā€“ he worked really hard on this case and I know when anything goes to jury it's always a toss up.

I did not lose any weight this week, which is no surprise given the cookie extravaganza at my mom's house two days ago. I'm just pleased I didn't gain any back! (You should have tasted these mint cookies she and Gemma made. I had to leave them in the car when I got home because I knew I would finish them off if they were in front of me.) So it's back to serious dieting for me. And back to the gym ā€“ I haven't been able to go all week because Joe is so busy, so my goal is to get there at least 3 times this week.

Jack was pretty tired yesterday after being gone all day Wednesday, so we basically just sat around the house in our pajamas. This is the danger of being a stay-at-home-mom. My disposition leans towards pajama day, which is certainly not overly healthy. My mom came over and brought me lunch because I didn't feel like going anywhere, and Jack slept a ton. I finally got to sit and knit!

Clapotis is moving right along - I dropped two more stitches last night. Iā€™m a little worried that it is going to be too warm for Phoenix. I think I'll make another one in a lighter weight yarn, maybe some type of cotton or silk. Jen is trying it in lace weight I think, so I'll have to see how that turns out. I was thinking maybe sport weight or DK weight would be better.

clapotis
Here it is spread out on the couch ā€“ it's getting really big

dropped stitches
and of course, a close up of the dropped stitches because they are so darned fun.

Martha Stewart was finally released from prison early this morning. Her entire trial and incarceration were an absolute embarrassment. Seriously, aren't there better things these federal agents have to do than chase around someone for a very minor stock-tip infraction? I know she will bounce back and will be stronger than ever, and I hope all the companies who pulled ads from her magazine are sorry. I hope she tries to ruin them, in fact.

So Welcome Home Martha! I'm glad to have you back in the land of the free.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cave Creek is very, erm, different. I did a project about their budget last semester, and whoo boy, did I learn a lot of interesting things about their town. Great bars though.

11:47 AM  
Blogger potusol said...

Martha handled her whole thing SO WELL. I had so many friends lose their jobs at Enron and it just killed me that those people didn't end up paying for more than they did. And congrats to your husband, you should get him one of these to commemorate the event. (I know mules are different from donkeys)

donkey

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home