Tuesday, March 01, 2005

One panel down....

The back of Steph’s baby’s sweater is done! (His name is Quincy, have I mentioned that? Love the name.) This is the worst part of the pattern – stockinette stitch for 35 centimeters. Now on to the fun parts. Next I make the 2 pocket linings, which go very quickly, and then I’ll start on the fronts. I have to decide upon a contrast color – I may use the same navy I used for Angus, or I may try something completely different.

red sweater back

And no, that is not my bourbon in the picture, it’s Joe’s. Even though I drink while breastfeeding, I do stick to wine. (and Michelle, see your magazine in the picture? I have it out so I won't forget to bring it. You're coming to Changing Hands, yes?)

Paula asked if I will be going to Wildflower ahead of the meeting yesterday and I think I will. Usually Jen or Pam show up too, and maybe Kim if Jonny gets home in time. I will plan on being there around 5:30 if anyone wants to join us.

Jack and I are going back to court this afternoon. Joe has his first trial going on, and he will be examining a witness. We tried to go this morning and they were behind because the other side was taking a long time cross-examining the first witness. I am very excited – it was like Ally McBeal in there, only live. I just wish I had a place to take the little guy, because it stresses me out that he’s going to cry.

Tomorrow I am going to take a small trip to Jessica’s. Now, I know I said I don’t need any more yarn. And I know I said it was best to stay out of yarn shops. BUT. Kim and Julie and I are going up to my mom’s and Gemma is going to make cookies with her. I so rarely get the opportunity to get up there I figured I needed to stop by. Just to say hello to Jessica. Maybe I will look for a border for the baby sweater. Maybe I will buy one ball of yarn. But that’s it. Then I’m done I swear.

I just read there is another big storm hitting the East Coast. I’m so sorry for you all – it is supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny here this weekend. I love the winters in Arizona – really the weather could not be more perfect. It just sucks we have to put up with 3 solid months of hellishly hot temperatures on the other side of the coin. I suppose nowhere is perfect, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Hey Brooke - the baby sweater is looking gorgeous!

I wanted to thank you for sharing the info about test knitting for SWTC - I'm working on my first project for them right now and I'm LOVING IT!!! I'll post pix on my blog later this week.

Take care!
~Beth
http://diamondsnpurls.blogspot.com

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home