Thursday, April 28, 2005

Alien Invasion

There is a strange sound in my house right now. Could be aliens invading, or maybe someone with a large ray gun pointed at me (I’d like to think it’s that little Martian from the Bugs Bunny cartoons). I suppose it could also be something as normal as a car alarm, but I opened the front door and can’t hear it outside. It’s quite unnerving.

We met at Lux today for knitting – I like day meetings so much. Jack is always in a better mood and I never feel rushed to get home for anything. Lots of people came, but of course by the time I got my camera out we had dwindled. It may look like Letoya was knitting alone, but trust me, she wasn’t:

lux 2

She’s making a felted bag out of Cascade – very pretty colors.

Melanie and Kiki were there as well:

lux

Kiki’s working on a lacy shawl and I think that’s Melanie’s baby blanket.

We also had a new person named Emily who was doing something called Shephard’s knitting (is that right?) It was with a small hook but it was certainly not crocheting. I had never heard of it. She brought her adorable daughter who is 2 ½ and she is pregnant with her second baby due in July. Kim was there as well, without her children, lucky girl. My mom came and helped with Jack, but she really needs to get working on that knitted kangaroo she’s making for Vincent so I made her knit a little.

I wish I had gotten a picture of Becky’s adorable little knitted baby pants. They are cute as can be, although I can’t remember who they are for. She had to run off to work so she wasn’t still there when the camera came out.

It was a fun day – the weather turned chilly again which is quite unheard of for Arizona in April. I don’t expect it will last long, but we’ll take what we can get. It may actually rain tonight – what a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home