Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Back to Reality

I returned from spa-land relaxed and rejuvenated. Julie and I had a wonderful time in Sedona – I had a massage and a clay wrap, and a bonus feature is that I had a healing and my chakras realigned. For those of you who aren’t aware, Sedona is a very new-agey type of place, and the Enchantment Resort is no exception.

The woman who performed the healing on me explained that she would act as a straw for the universe and draw away all my negative energy, replacing it with positive light. The chakra alignment came about because apparently my sacral chakra was out of whack due to childbirth.

I don’t know if any of this is true, but I can tell you one thing – I returned to Phoenix a new woman. That can also be attributed to 10 hours of sleep – the most sleep I’ve had in over five months. And truth be told, I normally get that amount in two nights.

Joe was a trooper with the little guy. Jack was not a happy camper about receiving a bottle at midnight and subsequently kept Joe up for the next two hours screaming his cute little head off. I know how it feels, and I do have a small amount of guilt for leaving him in such a situation.

All is well that ends well, however, and the family appears to be back to normal. I wrote my worries on a paper and put them in a bowl, and now I have nothing left to worry over.

My knitting is moving along nicely, although I may have to finally admit that the pain in my right ring finger could possibly be from the Mariposa Shawl and may not in fact be knuckle cancer. Speaking of Mariposa, check out this detail:

detail

I just finished the second repeat of the frost flowers pattern and am set to do my next decreases. This time I have to decrease 72 stitches evenly across – luckily there are 7 ½ pattern repeats in this section so the math isn’t quite so challenging. I enjoy this project so much – I doubt I will put it down until I’m finished.

Here is a full view, just to give you an idea of the size of the thing:

mariposa progress

I’m guessing it will look much better blocked, but I’m not positive how bamboo does with blocking. I’m just going to immerse the entire thing in water and pin it back, but who knows if that will work? I can’t wait to see it completed.

I did not make it to Changing Hands tonight - Jack was not in the mood for any traveling. I have a neighbor who has offered to watch him when she's in town, and I may take her up on that for future knitting events. She could watch him just until Joe gets home, and now that Joe is getting better at putting the little guy to sleep I might have a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home