Thursday, May 05, 2005

Look Out!

I am officially a knitting instructor! I met with Pam at Craftmart today and we’re going to set up my first class. Since the May calendar is already published, she is going to put up a sign to have people call me if they are interested. Then in June we will have a set time. The class is beginning knitting and will cover casting on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, casting off, simple pattern instructions and choosing yarn. I started a sample to hang by the sign, and I’m making it up as I go along. I should have used lighter color yarn, but this was in my stash so I figured I’d use it up.

sampler

I’m just going to make a sampler scarf with some ribbed sections, a seed stitch section, stockinette, and maybe a dropped stitch section. In between each I have a bit of garter stitch to set off each type of stitch. Hopefully it will work okay.

I also got permission from Knitty.com to teach Clapotis. I think this is a great project to learn increases, decreases, and dropping stitches on purpose. Now I just have to finish mine, which involved borrowing Judy's ball winder, winding the yarn I got from Jimmy Bean's Wool, and knitting up the remaining few inches of the darned thing. After that I'm going to put together a Kids Knitting class for the summer and see if people are interested in that.

I’ve just received the information for Master Knitter Level One from The Knitters Guild. It is pretty labor intensive, and I’m going to have to do a little research about casting on before I get started. It seems like and interesting process and I’m excited to learn more about the fundamentals of knitting. Has anyone else out there completed Master Knitter? I bet it's going to take me the rest of the year to get it all together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home