Thursday, May 12, 2005

Happy Birthday?

My birthday is next week. Wednesday I think. And for the first time in my life I don't really feel like it matters. I can't think of a single thing I want, I can't think of anything I want to do. I am hoping this is a temporary situation brought on by living with a tiny person who takes every ounce of energy I have, but I must admit I am worried.

I love birthdays. They are the only holiday left for me that isn't somewhat ruined by obligation, over-commercialization, too much church, and of course, the worst of it all, growing up and realizing there isn't a Santa Claus. (Not only that, but now I’M Santa Claus for this little person who moved in with us.)

This too shall pass, right? Next year I'll be back to normal, celebrating my birthday along with the rest of America. I can only hope.

The neatening project is moving along with great success. Squareslant requested to see the inside of my house (ok, she didn’t ask for my house specifically, but “the insides of people’s houses” sounded funny.) Bit by bit I will show you, but only as I get it cleaned up. Here is the first shot of a clean living room:

after coffee table

Actually that’s only part of the living room. I am doing the rest today. For those of you who have actually seen this living room you may be surprised to see the top of the coffee table is copper – it’s usually covered with an array of mail, baby toys, and various other items. I’ve made a deal with Joe that he won’t put anything on the clean surfaces once I get done, and that is going to be a challenge for both of us. As I was removing the tags from my new outfit this morning I almost put them on the coffee table, but realizing that would mar the surface I refrained. We will see how long this lasts.

I am going to finish the third lace repeat on Mariposa today because my next installment of the first season of 24 just got here from Netflix. After the gym I will plop myself down and start knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home