Friday, November 12, 2004

In Case of Emergency, I Have a Stash

Julie called me yesterday and asked me to pick her up a quick and easy knitting project for the hospital because she's going to be sitting a lot. I went through my drawers and came up with five possible projects! A hat, a pair of socks, a felted bag, a scarf, and a poncho. Hopefully one will work for her while she's hanging out there, and hopefully they will all go home soon so it won't matter.

After I delivered the yarn to Julie and we had some lunch, I headed over to Sonoran Coffee House in Chandler to meet Jen and Kim for a little knitting. It's a great little place on Ray and Alma School with couches and good iced tea. I got more work done on the vest, Kim worked on a sweater for Gemma and Jen tore out some projects and I helped her with a sock. It was a lovely afternoon. Annette stopped by for a bit and I tried to help her purl continental style – I think she got the hang of it.

So this may be my last post for a while. I started having contractions last night about 7 – they are very mild and are still about 6 or 7 minutes apart, but they are certainly more regular than the fake ones, and they do hurt a bit. Of course we were at a party when they started and the hosts were discussing their art collection, so I sat in a chair for an hour trying to pay attention and trying to decide if the contractions were real or not. Once they finished and I was able to walk around they didn't stop, so we decided to head home.

Who knows though? I may still be around tomorrow.

SnB is meeting at Changing Hands in Tempe tonight. I'm sorry to have to miss it, I like meeting there. Hope you all have a great time!

1 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I hope I get to see some pictures of baby Jack in his cute hats!!!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home