Thursday, November 11, 2004

KIP at Starbucks

I met Becky last night at Starbucks down the street to knit for a few hours. It was good to get out of the house and get some work done on the vest. It seems I can really only work on it now if I'm with someone else, otherwise I get too bored. She is in the same boat, working on a black st stitch scarf with Red Heart yarn. Not the funnest project in the world! But it sounds like the recipient will really appreciate it so it's worth the sacrifice.

Today I'm hoping to meet Kim and Jen out somewhere as well, and maybe I can at least get the back done. The front will be a little more interesting with the v-neck.

But first I'm going to the hospital. Julie's baby is having some complications from the traumatic birth, and they are in the NICU for at least a week. This is the bad part about being pregnant with your best friend I suppose – I feel like I am not as useful to her as I could be given my condition.

So not much knitting will get done. The secret project is hurting my neck (small needles, lots of stitch changes and pattern reading), so I did a little work on my fun Gloria scarf last night.

And I need to apologize to Paula for getting her name wrong! I'm bad with names in person, but you would think on paper I could do a little better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home