Monday, November 08, 2004

Julie had her baby!

Julie Clark had her baby boy, John McConnell (Mac) at 4 this morning. He is 7 pounds 14 ounces and 20 inches long – I'll have pictures tomorrow to share. There's more on my baby blog about her delivery if you're interested.

I took Gloria to Jessica Knits yesterday and we got her knitting again. She was having trouble with the "Out through the window" part of the stitch and getting everything all twisted, but she finished about 10 rows while we were there and it looks like she's got it down. She bought herself some fabulous yarn to make a scarf so as soon as she's done with her charity square we'll get her cast on for her first real project. We ran into Kiki and Val at the shop, plus we met someone new from London who may come to one of our meetings. I think her name was Carol.

And then, Gloria bought me this yarn!



I cast on for a scarf so I would have something easy to work on as I get closer to having this baby and have less and less focus. The yarn is called Isis and it's really soft and floaty. I love it. It's something I probably never would have bought for myself because it's so fancy.

The vest is moving along – I'm working on the back now so I don’t have to think about the cable for a while. Becky commented that the cable would take up some room, but I think I'll be okay because I added 8 stitches to the pattern. I guess we'll see when he puts it on – can you imagine if it doesn't fit? I'll cry.

And I made progress on a secret project last night – I think I'll be casting it off soon. I love finishing projects! I may get a few more things on needles this week so everything I'm doing for Christmas will at least be started.

No list today, I was up and down all night worrying about Julie, I'm a little tired. I'm going to take a nap before I head down to Chandler to see baby Mac.

Thanks Illanna for the link to the diamond bag pattern - I think I can easily modify that one to be exactly what I want!

1 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

Great! I can't wait to see the bag!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home