Friday, November 05, 2004

SnB Fall Newsletter

The new Stitch-n-Bitch newsletter has arrived! If you didn't get yours, email me at badams at archwaystrategies.com and I'll send you a copy. I'm trying to get it uploaded to a link on my blog, but so far no luck. It's full of great information and Kim worked very hard to get it all together (especially considering committee members like me didn't turn in their stuff on time!)

I'm off to visit the 5th graders again today. Apparently they are all very concerned that I will have the baby and some of them won't have learned to knit. Oh, the tragedy! We should be able to get the rest of them knitting today as long as they stay focused (yeah, right). Apparently one of the boys already finished his square! I really love this project and I think once they all learn to knit it will be tons of fun. We can have them make Christmas presents, or more blankets, or hats for chemo patients (although I don't know about double pointed needles with this crowd.)

And finally, I finished Vincent's hat. I just sat down yesterday with my TiVo and forced myself to get it done. It's twisted k1p1 rib so it doesn't go as quickly as a normal hat, but it didn't take too long. The decreases just make it a little uneven at the top. But I think it turned out well, and I'm happy to have another project in the finished pile. I also worked on the vest – only about 2 more inches until I divide for the armholes.

There is a huge war going on in the knitting blog world between Wendy Knits and the Dishcloth Queen . I kid you not. Wendy is the one who threatened to stop blogging the other day. Dishcloth apparently has been leaving "anonymous" comments on her blog, which of course Wendy traced, and now I think Dishcloth is getting inundated with angry knitters via email and comments on her blog. This is more exciting than the campaign, let me tell you! I was wondering where I was going to get my fix of name calling and random accusations once the election was over, thankfully these two have stepped up to the plate for me.

My list today is full of wishful thinking – when this kid arrives I doubt I will be going anywhere!

Places I want to go

Ireland
British Columbia knitting cruise
Stitches West
Hawaii to visit my friends Edward and Amanda
Bali
Jamaica
The Amalfi Coast
Tahoe in a snowstorm
Napa in the fall
Washington DC (Joe has never been, which I can't believe!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Great job on teaching those kids to knit! I love it when kids learn how to do crafty stuff. You said that you think that they may be able to make a christmas present or two... here is a little idea for you. If they can make squares then they can make dishcloths! Maybe the "fancy dishcloth pattern" http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/grfavorite.html That way they can learn how to 1)read a pattern, 2) learn a yarn over 3) learn to knit 2tog! I know that I have a bit of cotton yarn that I will donate to you if you end up doing this!
Happy knitting!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home