Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sickness

I feel like a little kid who stayed home sick from school only to find out all the tv shows had been cancelled for some political event. I'm not sick enough to go to the hospital, but all I can do is lie around and wait to get better. Of course, getting better in my case means having a baby, and I'm not really sick. It just seems like it. I don't want to drive too far just in case of emergency, but I don't want to sit at home all day either. When I walk around my feet swell up, but sitting still makes me antsy. I can't focus enough to read or to knit, there is nothing on television worth watching, and I can only sleep so much.

My parents are coming over today to entertain me while Joe goes to work. He has one last deadline that needs to be met this week so he'll be in the office for a few hours.

I dreamt last night our baby was half cat, half rabbit. There is something seriously wrong with me.


3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

SO, I can't really say that I know what you are going through as I don't have kids... but my oldest sister kept having dreams that she gave birth to paper. So, look at it this way, at least you are dreaming about actual living things!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But your baby's coming! It can't be much longer now you've started labor - I know it doesn't feel like it but this will end, and soon, and then you will have your baby in your arms.
Paula

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Brooke, I know that it seems strange to have such weird dreams, but they are a very normal part of this stage of pregnancy (also quite common at the first blush too). As for Lucy, I dreamed she was just arms and legs, coming out separately. And Lily was always a fish. Go figure.
Soon, dear, soon.
Can't wait to meet Jack,
Kiki

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home