Monday, January 24, 2005

Lasagne for Breakfast

Last night Joe and I made our famous lasagna – he makes the Bolognese sauce ahead of time and I assemble the lasagna for baking. Always the next morning I have to have it for breakfast because it's so good I just can't get enough.

Today I am going to do the zipper in Angus's sweater, and sew the sleeves on. I need to block it before the sleeves go on, and I'd like to find one of those official blocking boards with the marks on it – I think that would make things much easier. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know. Anyhow, here's a picture of the sweater almost done:


No sleeves yet, originally uploaded by Brooke Streech.



Our group is getting moving for the 3 day walk. Nancy just signed up and I think Eva already has, but she's not yet affiliated with our group. You can find her blog on my sidebar. I've posted a link to the donations page as well as posted my participant number if anyone needs it. They are both on the side as well.

For the contest, we are going to follow in the Yarn Harlot's footsteps and raffle off some knitted items. There will be two categories – walkers/volunteers and donators. If anyone would like to knit something for the raffle just send me a picture and I'll post it. For now, I plan to knit the Shedir hats from Knitty to give away. Here is a picture:




Shedir from Knitty, originally uploaded by Brooke Streech.

I love these hats, they are made out of the softest yarn.

I will continue to post pictures of the items we will knit, so you can all be motivated to donate to our team. I've set our goal at 10 walkers and $21,000. That's a lot of money!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home