Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Still No Zipper

Buying a zipper is hard. I need a 14" navy jacket zipper, and you would think I needed it in solid gold or something. We went to JoAnn's at Desert Ridge to find it and they had every other type of zipper imaginable (not very well organized, mind you.) So I am still without a zipper for this sweater. I did however buy a board for blocking – we'll see how it works. So I am going to block the sweater and then sew in the sleeves before I put the zipper in another day.

I finally picked up Stitch and Bitch Nation to read this morning. Jack got up at six and was not interested in going back to bed, so he and I read for a while. Of course, the text got the best of him and he fell back asleep.


,
.

I love the beginning of this book. I'm so excited to finally learn how to substitute yarn of a different gauge. It has always annoyed me that I couldn't get the exact gauge sometimes and so I had to use different yarn. Now I can just modify the pattern easily. And I am going to learn about how to change a neckline, because I don't love the neck of the cabled sweater I'm making.

3 Comments:

Blogger Creative Genius? said...

My mother always has a heck of a time getting small zippers - JoAnns can special order it (although it's not instant gratification) and you might try Hancock Fabrics too! Good Luck!

(I think there is a fabric place on Apache near ASU that carrys small zippers - try there too)

9:55 AM  
Blogger PJS said...

I'm glad you have such a useful book, both for knitting and sleep-inducing. Wherever did you get it?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

It's my first visit to your blog from the RAOK ring, and how fun to find such a cute picture right off. Jack is adorable! Looking forward to seeing more pics of him!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home