Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Stitching and Bitching.....

We had a mini SnB meeting tonight and it was so fun to see everyone. Pam, Illana, Becky, Latoya, Kirsten, Shannon, Alison, Michelle, a new member named Karen, and other Becky (the pregnant one). We met at Mama Java's for a couple of hours and got caught up with one another. Shannon has lost a ton of weight (I think 67 pounds) since her surgery! Stop by her blog and give her a big high five – that's incredible I think.

Here we all are (well, except for me, as I was the photographer)




mama javas, originally uploaded by Brooke Streech.




I broke down and bought the cheap KnitPicks yarn. I am going to make my cousin a sweater similar to the one I made for Angus, but she lives in Maryland so I thought wool might be a better choice. So I got 7 balls of the wool and it was $12! And then since shipping is free for orders over $30, I ordered a few other yarns. A total of 12 balls of yarn for $32. You can't beat that with a stick.

My mother has finished knitting a kangaroo for my nephew. All the pieces are done, now she just has to sew it up. This is just further proof that if you can dream it up, my mother can make it for you.

I got to work on Clapotis tonight – I'm finally almost done with the increases and will get to start dropping stitches. We all compared our progress – Kirsten is making it with the intended yarn (man is that stuff soft), and Michelle is making it out of Cotton Twist. We're having our own little knit along without knowing it.

Tomorrow the zipper will go in. At least I think so. Then blocking, sewing, and the sweater will be done. I hope to see Kim next week and deliver the sweater then!

1 Comments:

Blogger illanna said...

Wow everyone is actually smiling! What a great picture! I am really inrigued by the knitpicks yarn. Let me know when you get it so I can touch it :)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home